Friday, April 13, 2012

Lined Paper Shirt

Sometimes crafts just don't happen the way you want.  But you've taken photos, and it's going up on your blog anyways.  Or my blog.  I loved the idea of this shirt, but I should have known from the beginning that it wouldn't be quite the best looking thing on me.


It is really cute, though.  And maybe if I lost 10 lbs it would look better on me.  So it's going into the back of my closet until said time!  Also, you can tell my fabric marker began running out (ok, ran out) by the end.


First I put magazine in the shirt so that the fabric marker wouldn't bleed through.

Use tape to mark the area to paint.

I used a red fabric marker to make the line that runs down the shirt.

Then I removed the tape.  It's a sketch-looking line, but I thought that added to the charm.

Then I used tape to mark the blue lines, and because I'm impatient I took off the tape as I went.

Meanwhile, Nicole sent Prudence to bother me.  Annoying hamster... If she wasn't so cute she'd be in big trouble!

Here it is, all the tape removed.  I can't believe my markers ran out...  But I think it looks just as cool.



It turned out cute, just not cute on me.  Either I'll let it chill in the back of my closet for a while, or I'll try to make it into a reusable bag.  We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment