Saturday, May 12, 2012

Chain and Bead Bracelet


Today, instead of studying for finals, I went shopping.  Got clothes for graduation (one week away!) and yes, craft supplies.  I made two bracelets tonight, neither of which will go with what I'm wearing on my big day, but both of which I will want to wear.



Anyone want to guess my favorite color?

I've had this thing for years...
My mom gave me a bunch of costume jewelry when I was just beginning to make jewelry.  I have no idea what this thing used to be, but it inspired me.  That chain would totally make an awesome bracelet!  So I removed all the 80s bling so that I'd just have the chain.  I have ideas for the pink things later on in life.

I used a bead tip to connect the chain with stretchy string.  To keep the string in I just knotted it a few times and used a super glue to hold it all together.  Better pictures coming soon.

So here's the threaded stuff.  I also added a charm that I had laying around, because I feel like they add that special something to crafts.  Notice the threaded bead tip.

 As you can see, I knotted the stretchy string a few times.  Then I used my super glue, and closed the bead tip and connected it to my chain.



 Finished product!  I love that it has the mix of materials, and because the chain is flat it's comfortable to type while wearing (yes, I'm wearing it while typing...)
Glamour shot!




 I didn't bother documenting the other one I made- I just strung beads onto stretchy string, knotted it, and used super glue.



I found these green beads at JoAnns when I was home for Spring Break.  They're the perfect weight for a bracelet, and the most gorgeous green.

Finals are coming up, and have me stressed out of my gourd.  I'm annoyed because I only have one legit test, and it's on the first day of exams.  But I guess then I'm pretty much done.  And I won a raffle for 20 games of laser tag so the day before graduation Nicole, her boyfriend her brother, her best friend, my brother, and I are going to go to war, boys vs. girls style.  Nicole told me she's a sniper, so maybe she'll level out my complete inability to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment